The Dietary Aide is responsible for providing nourishing food to residents, guests and employees under sanitary conditions as directed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Works with cook and Dietary manager to implement recommended changes as required.
- Assures that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Develop and maintain a good work rapport with inter-department personnel, as well as with other departments within the facility to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Serves meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and in a timely basis.
- Serves food in accordance with established portion control.
- Prepares food, etc. in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as with our established policies and procedures.
- Report all accidents/incidents as established practices.
- Reviews menus prior to preparation of food.
- Assist in establishing food services production line, etc. to assure that meals are prepared on time.
- Ensures inventory is maintained/stocked at all times.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors of government agencies/personnel and the general public.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Sweep and mop floors as directed
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in/on large equipment
- Cleans work tables, meat blocks, refrigerators/freezers, etc.
- Carries soiled utensils, etc. to wash area
- Returns clean utensils to proper storage areas.
- Keep a sanitary area at all times.
- Obtains food supply for next meal.
- Assist in checking diet trays before distribution.
- Prepare to deliver snacks, etc. as instructed.
- All other duties assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year of food service experience.
Physical Demands and Abilities
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight/hearing sense or use prosthetics that will enable these sense to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile people within the facility.
- May be required to lift, push, pull and move equipment, supplies etc. in excess of fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to assist with evacuation of residents.
- May be required to attend activities outside the facility to stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident information.
- May be required to work holidays.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees must remain drug free and alcohol free when reporting to work, while at work and while engaged in any work related activities.
Note: This document and the statements contained within it are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Corbin Health & Rehabilitation Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer