The Banking Center Manager is responsible for the overall management and efficient operation of their assigned banking center in the areas of customer service, profitability and personnel administration. Will also be expected to meet or exceed lending goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Responsible for the achievement of specified banking center and banking center staff performance goals and accountable for the achievement, including deposit and loan growth and profitability.
- Manages and coordinates the work of a banking center to ensure a consistent level of professional service which leads to profitability and a strong projected image.
- Serves as the conduit between the Banking Center employees and the Market President, relaying necessary information and performance expectations.
- Oversees and coordinates the completion of necessary reporting requirements of the Banking Centers and ensures that all paperwork and required forms are completed in accordance with policies and procedures as well as state and federal law.
- Responsible for working with the Regional Operations Specialist (ROS) to ensure all operational request are completed accurately and timely.
- Conduct performance evaluations, carry out disciplinary actions, and take a primary role in hiring new staff.
- Provides guidance as needed to the Sales & Service Manager concerning staffing, employee productivity and efficiency, and performance management.
- Oversees and assists with the overall operational needs of the Banking Center.
- Analyzes applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtains and compiles copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Explains to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Reviews loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Handles customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Stays abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products to better meet customers' needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with bank guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable state and federal laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing and making hiring recommendations; employee coaching, training and appraising performance; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding performance or recommending
disciplinary action as appropriate; and, addressing complaints and resolving problems that may arise. This position provides directional oversight to the following positions:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Superior proficiency in the use of all Microsoft Office products, in particular Word and Excel; Integrated Teller and Internet research when appropriate.
- Extensive background in financial institution operating policies and procedures and
- banking regulations including a thorough understanding of financial institution products and services.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry information such as customer financial statements, tax returns, and complex technical documents.
- Ability to effectively present information to management in verbal and written format.
- Ability to work with a team and members of other departments of known concepts.
- Ability to follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex
- problems and collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying; taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to communicate orally to others to convey information effectively.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar including the ability to comprehend written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to manage time and be efficient and effective in the completion of assignments.
- Knowledge of those arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and their applications specific to the position.
Physical Demands and Abilities
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will be able to understand.
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate manual dexterity through use of typing on a keyboard, sorting through paperwork, reaching and grabbing objects.
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to operate standard business equipment such as a fax, computer, printer, copier, etc.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for several hours.
- Ability to travel to other locations as needed.
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule that at times may include late working hours or weekend hours.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, management or a related degree; additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the financial services industry; or equivalent experience in a related field or service industry.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory or management experience
- Extensive knowledge of bank operations, procedures, and regulations
- May be required to attend activities outside the bank to stay abreast of new
- developments, best practices, civic activities, and statutory and regulatory changes.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees must remain drug free and alcohol free when reporting to work and while engaged in any work related activities.
- Must adhere to all Bank Secrecy Act regulations and requirements.
This document and the statements contained within it are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.